DEXA Body Fat Analysis
The FIT Scan
Keep your metabolism and energy up and your body
fat percentage down by eating foods low in starch
and refined sugar!
Apple Tart Ingredients
Vanilla Pecan Crust
3/4 cup pecans
5 dates, pitted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or
scrape out 1 vanilla bean pod)
2/3 cup almond flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 medium apples (cored, peeled,
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1/4 cup agave nectar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
We use a Bamix -- a powerful
hand wand -- to make whipped
cream out of non-fat milk.
Copyright © 2011 The FIT Scan
San Diego's Premier DEXA Body Fat Scanning Center
Flourless Apple Tart with Cloud Topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pulse pecans and dates in your food processor (until coarsely ground), Pulse in
rest of Crust ingredients
3. Continue pulsing crust until mixture begins to form a ball.
4. Lightly coat a 9 inch tart pan with oil
5. Using wet hands, press crust onto bottom and up sides of tart pan; prick all over
with a fork
6. Bake crust for 10-12 minutes, until crust is dry, firm and lightly browned. Cool
7. Reduce oven temp. to 350 degrees.
8. In a large bowl, toss together Filling ingredients.
9. Fan out apples over pre-baked crust, forming a circle and continue layering apples
on top of each other in a circular pattern.
10. Pour accumulated juices over apples.
11. Cover with foil, place on baking sheet, and bake for 50 minutes, until apples are
soft but still have some texture. Cool before serving.
We use a Bamix -- a powerful hand wand -- to make whipped cream out of non-fat
Call to Schedule: (760) 635-3777